It all began in 1920 on the slopes of the ``Serra Biellese`` when the donut-shaped biscuit was produced once a year in the oven of Luigi Massera's small shop to alleviate the hardship and poverty of the local population.
Since 1920 ``the taste of tradition Biella confectionery``
Pastry is art
Artisanal production, scrupulous exclusion of preservatives and dyes, an inimitable amalgam of dosage and handling and the use of exclusively natural ingredients are the characteristics that make Massera Pastry a ``flagship`` of national confectionery production.
100 years of
The founder Gino took this path never getting tired of the difficulties, sure that after him there would be children and grandchildren capable of replacing and appreciating the great-grandfather Luigi who made the ``Primo Forno`` and the ``Primo Torcetto della Serra``.
the early beginnings
1920 - Luigi Massera with his wife Secondina runs the bakery and grocery store in the village of Sala Biellese. It is here that the ``White Art`` began and the Torcetto began to be made for the town festival.
EXPANSION OF THE COMPANY
1960 - Gino Massera expands the business with the purchase of a mixer which, adapted to an internal combustion engine, increases the volume of production. Experimentation of the double leavening breadstick and transformation of the local ingredients into a real laboratory with ovens and advanced equipment directing the production towards the pastry.
1972 - Gino Massera was recognized by the Knighthood of the Order of Merit of the Republic by deserving the ``Torcetto d'Oro`` frieze. His commitment to the company and public life allowed him to devote himself to the well-being of the country.
1975 - First prototype of machinery designed with the skill of his uncle Angelo for the production of the Torcetto and expansion of the manufacturing plants.
1979 - Thanks to a renewed and extensive fleet of means of transport, the Massera company can deliver directly throughout northern Italy. This will guarantee the undisputed freshness of the product and an excellent value for money.
1995 - From 1980 to 1995 the company is subject to numerous factory expansions up to the last building built in '95 where the administrative offices, warehouse and loading floors are located.
THE STORE IN BIELLA
2010 - On May 15th the new store opens in Repubblica street in Biella. The unexpected turnout and the consolidation in the area mean that the store is further expanded in 2015.
2011 - To better manage the flow of customers into the company, the new company store is opened in the Bornasco headquarters. The space is exclusively dedicated to the products of the Massera patisserie company.
100 YEARS OF GROWTH
2020 - In 100 years, the historic laboratory has turned into a modern artisan company, employing 30 families and maintaining its roots in its country of origin. Four generations of passion and Biellese confectionery tradition.
We are also on Instagram
Pasticceria Massera artigiani dal 1920 #eccellenza #madeinitaly #food #passione #pasticceria #pasticceriamassera #pasticceriaartigianale #massera
This endpoint has been retired